Let's face it. No one ever expects to be a family caregiver. But as we watch our loved ones get older, many of us are faced with the reality of becoming one.
There is no plan.
There are few resources.
You feel lost and alone.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You are watching your loved one get older and suddenly realize there is no plan for their care if and when they need it.
- You have suddenly been thrown into the role of caregiver with no plan, limited resources, with no idea what to do next.
- You have no idea how to hold onto your marriage, your homemaking, your career, or raise your kids and be a caregiver.
- You have been a caregiver for a while but consistently feel "caregiver burnout". You feel tired, unsupported, and very much alone in your role.
- You are facing the end of your caregiving and have no idea what to do when this stage of your life is over.
I get it and have been where you are!
Just one year after I got married, my husband's father asked us to move in with them. He was overwhelmed with his wife's growing and changing needs and reached out to us, the family nearest to him for help.
This started my 10+ year journey as a caregiver during which I supported my father-in-law in his role as my mother-in-law's primary caregiver, a role I assumed upon his very sudden death.
While it was never easy, I was able to find balance, maintain a life alongside my role as a caregiver.
As a Certified Caregiving Consultant and veteran family caregiver, I have experienced the challenges you face. It is my mission to empower family caregivers just like you by providing practical solutions to the daily challenges of caregiving. , you will find what you need to help you say goodbye to conflict, chaos, and uncertainty and bring you to a life filled with joy, purpose, and balance as a confident caregiver!
I'm Brandi. I live on a ranch in Central Texas with my husband and our four children. We are a God-centered, homesteading, homeschooling family.
Family has always been our top priority. When my father-in-law passed away, my husband and I wasted no time in assuring his siblings that their mother would be well cared for in our home.
My passion is to help other family caregivers feel less burdened by their role. I have extensive training in helping family caregivers create individualized plans in whatever stage they find themselves in. I've been where you are and I know it's possible to become a confident caregiver while staying true to who you are.
In addition to providing consulting services for family caregivers, I run and write for two blogs. A Bridge Between the Gap is dedicated to family caregivers, just like you who want the caring of your loved one to fit into your life instead of run it. I provide battle-tested solutions to your caregiving challenges so you can live with purpose and balance.